• The candidate must be a Canadian citizen on the day they are nominated, and maintain their Canadian citizenship thereafter;
• The candidate must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the election;
• The candidate must have lived in the school division for at least
three consecutive months immediately preceding the date they submit
their nomination paper; and,
• The candidate must have lived in Saskatchewan for at least six
consecutive months immediately preceding the date they submit their
Local Government Election Act, 2015 - 45
Local Government Elections Act 2015.pdf
“Checklist” For Candidates
If you decide to run, on or before October 7, 2020 you must:
• Ensure you meet the required qualifications (listed on this page).
• Get a nomination form from your returning officer.
• Complete the nomination form, including signatures obtained from at least ten electors in the subdivision or at large area.
• Submit the nomination form to the returning officer before 4 p.m. on October 7, 2020. Local Government Election Act,
2015 – 67, 68
Local Government Elections Act 2015.pd